I am part of an outreach team that goes to a jr high school once a week and hangs out with the kids (who choose to be there) as an after school program. That age group is amazing. They are brutally honest, totally loving, vulnerable and smarter than they let on. I really began to be drawn to this age group (and high school) this year, so it is so wonderful to have the opportunity to grow in my teen skills (haha) and to get to know these kids.
All the students at my school will be going on missions trips this spring--I don't even know how many trips there were available to apply for. There are... 1100-ish students, and the trips cover the globe. I was accepted on my first choice--Alabama!
I'll be working with a team of 14 other students, and we are going to love on teens at a rehab facility. I believe we'll be doing some work on identity and forgiveness.
I sent out a support letter, and have gotten some responses (thank you!!!), but I have another payment coming up on December 16th. I need a little over $200 for this payment. The last payment is in February, and I will need over $500. IF you feel like sewing into this trip, it would be such a blessing. I had never written a support letter before, and I'm not going to lie, it's painful to ask others for money, but... God's people are a giving people, and a receiving people, and I need to be able to do both. Blessing comes through both giving and receiving. So, there you have it.
You can donate at www.ibssm.org. Click on "Give" then there will be an option to give to missions, and a place to put my name in. You will receive a receipt for taxes if you donate online!
No comments:
Post a Comment