~How high is Your love, How wide, How deep, it's untouched~
As the depth of a river changes, the speed changes, the environment in the water changes... More depth means more growth. I've always thought that growth would happen more in turbulent waters, metaphorically anyways. But you know, I think for me anyways, growth occur more in stillness and what I've acquired in those still times will become apparent when the turbulence comes along.
I'm in a season of stillness and rest. I'm finding it's been a bit of a war between my mind and spirit. My spirit loves rest, my mind and emotions love to be moving towards a goal. I'm learning to live with an eternal perspective, not to worry about building sand castles.
It hit me, tonight, God calls us home. Not, He calls us to His home (which is true), but he calls the me His home. And you, you beautiful bride of a Church. I love when my home is a sanctuary, and place of rest for me. How beautiful, how incredible, we are His resting place. Oh how I want to be His resting place!
Ahh so much goodness. God is going to surprise the Church with his goodness.
"The Lord knows the most effective way of to transform the church is to cherish her. "
- Mike Bickle.
- Mike Bickle.
The kindness of the Lord leads to repentance. Romans 2:4. And it carries us beyond that, to living for, with Him. Living from victory, the victory of Jesus conquering death and coming back to Life.
Incredibly deep and restful thoughts there little Hannah who can't climb the hill. God takes your hand and leads you where you need to be and that is where you want to be, not where everyone else is. ;) (thanks for sharing that remembrance with me, btw)
ReplyDeleteI love you!