I don't think I've shared much about my school. How do I introduce you to it? I don't know where to begin...
I go to a supernatural school of ministry. That might clue you in. Every day I see and hear about miracles and healings. About transformed lives, individuals becoming "treasures" of God, getting prophetic words from people walking up to you (or for people walking up to you:)), most of all about God's heart for us and ours for Him. Not even most of all--it is all.
I told a friend of mine today that it's amazing that we get to think about dreaming, and that it's a learning process for most of us. Deeply rooted dreams are usually deeply buried, it feels safer not to acknowledge something that has the power to disappoint. The thing is, when you bury something God gives you the world loses a gift from Him. So we learn how to dream.
We learn that God is always speaking. He always has words for the people around us. When we encourage one another we ask the Holy Spirit (the newfound love of my life) what He wants to say to them. Treasure hunts are a tool that has spread around the country. You ask God for clues (appearance, clothing, locations, any random information, and specific sicknesses or pains in the body) and then go out wherever and find the person/people who match the clues. If they want, you pray for them. Respectfully. Most people like it. Some don't.
I was in a store the other day and I heard the clerks talking behind the counter. A girl was telling her manager that a couple people came up to her the other day and asked her if she needed prayer for anything. I think she asked for prayer for her grandma, but then she said that when they prayed for her she felt something like she'd never felt ever before. Then they had a customer and she didn't finish, but it is so fun to hear stories like that! They're love encounters.
Every day in school they share testimonies during transition times, for example on friday one of my classmates said that she'd been in a car wreck and both of her legs were broken. She called some people from the school who came and prayed for her and she was healed. A lot of people have one leg shorter than the other, which causes back pain, and at prayer before the service on Friday I was watching a kid pray for legs to grow out. This lady was jumping up and down with excitement saying "I saw it, I actually saw it!" So fun.
People get healed of metal a lot these days as well.. Lots of people with rods down their spines will be able to bend and twist in ways they'd never been able to. It's just fun. It's so joyful. A team went to Haiti from here a couple of weeks ago, they saw so many healings, so many people experienced God's love! It's all about love.
I still find myself thinking sometimes, I'm not worthy, I don't deserve to know His name, what can I offer Him? And immediately He reminds me that He made me. He doesn't make what He does not love and cherish.
I see the world in a very different way now, and it has to do with so many things, more with love than anything else. I asked God specifically two years ago to show me who He is. Not who I want Him to be, or who other people want Him to be. I asked to know Him, it's my heart's cry to know Him closely, and not as I know about someone I can read about but in an experiential way. Even more than I experience people that I interact with. He's been answering that prayer ever since, but I'm only just beginning, there's so much more...
At the same time I asked to see healing: body as well as soul and spirit. I asked to learn about His mysticism (I had NO idea what I was asking for haha, too funny). So many prayers that He's answered/answering in ways I didn't know were possible. He's so good. I am absolutely ruined for anything else.
I love those two last paragraphs. And thank you for explaining this so well so that your family understands what you're doing out there in Cali. Great job explaining it so simply!
ReplyDeleteLove you. I will be praying for your trip! Can't wait to hear the stories. Take pics!
"I see the world in a very different way now, and it has to do with so many things, more with love than anything else."
ReplyDeleteThis line really spoke to me... thank you so much for sharing about your school and your journey! May God continue to reveal more and more of Himself to you!