Thursday, January 14, 2010

On a slightly more personal level...

So I've not really been into sharing about my personal life on here so much. The internet is a very big, very accessible place :) Life has been good though, the school I'm at is soo good. I am just so blessed to be here. Honestly, I'm honored that God brought me here.

I've seen so much that I never knew was possible. The impossible has become the norm, yet it still is cause for celebrating. My plans for life (though as broad and vague as ever) have taken another turn. But, I think I'm finding that the turns are all part of the same road. It's not so disjointed as it has seemed, and it all comes together I think.

My plan, tentatively, is to go back to normal school in the fall (Lord and Fafsa willing) for Nonprofit Management and Leadership. And I'm excited. I have an opportunity to work with a new nonprofit here in Cali... A post-juvenile hall mentoring program. They need help with paperwork and general admin/planning, which is what I'd love to get experience in. I'm about to take a class on applying God's structure and wisdom to plans and systems here. Holy Spirit gives us so much wisdom if we receive it. All the best plans and ideas are His, and He likes to share.

Our first meeting for my missions trip is next week, so tonight I was spending some time thinking about and processing my heart for the trip and for the kids. I think sometimes dreams need to be revisited, they get lost in the midst of the general hullabaloo. Especially around here, there's so much going on.

I'm experiencing my first healing meetings. My great grandfather was a healing, tent preaching revivalist. Things are certainly done differently nowadays, less one man show-y I think. I could talk a lot about what Randy Clark has been teaching this week, but I'd rather answer questions I think (so if you have them, ask...) and I'm tired and ready to go to sleep :) So...

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Where are you going to school? There is masters program in Jerusalem at Hebrew Universtiy that claims to teach you how to start manage and adminster international NGOs and you would learn Hebrew in the process! Melissa and I may end up there one day .....also I'm sorry we missed you over the break, I was seriously bummed, we were busy trying to navigate the two family Christmas deal and didn't get to spend as much time as hoped with people including you, Matt and Roxy and Jason and Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally see you guys in Jerusalem :) I am planning on applying to the less exotic ASU. They have a fairly large prgram, and I could intern (possibly) with Neighborhood, which is in the beginning stages of an arts program that I'd be super excited to be part of.

    I was bummed too, but I think a visit might make it up....

    ReplyDelete